JOB DESCRIPTION : TEXTILE / FASHION DESIGNER
Textile / fashion designer required for a start-up provider of woven products in Africa, based in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be responsible (following relevant approvals by the manager) for the full production of the products from design stage to finished product (this includes discussions/ inspections with the weaver, CMT, packaging etc.)
Proficiency required with Adobe (Indesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint) Illustrator & basic Microsoft knowledge (especially Excel). Experience in textile/fashion design preferable.
- Conduct market research to determine current design trends for fabrics
- Create designs for standard AJ product offerings
- Understand client briefs and create customised fabric designs for Clients
- Ensure that fabric designs meet the technical requirements for weaving
- Pattern making experience
- CMT skills (i.e. the full sewing process understanding and knowledge) essential in order to manager in-house CMT department
- Liaise and conduct inspections with in-house designers at weaving companies to validate designs
- Create and update packaging
- Develop and maintain formats for in-house printing and trimming of product cards
- Where necessary, obtain quotes for external printing, liaise with printers for orders, obtain invoices for payment by Finance Department, etc.
- Update AJ website content; add new designs, new store listings and client references, etc.
- Create or prepare all general Graphic Design input for the Company, such as logos, business cards, brochures, catalogues, presentations, calendars, etc.
- Maintain hardcopy files of own work, as necessary (essential)
- Any other duty that is reasonable and relevant to this position, in our Company
- Review designs for errors and obtain manger approval before printing or publishing them
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Responsible for originating creative graphic designs and concepts
that support client briefs
- Generate and create crafted, visually pleasing and highly conceptual
designs under pressure and at a fast pace
- Graphic design across all formats preferred (brand, digital, print,
outdoor, press, POS, event, etc.)
- Technical sketch of each design maintained and well filed.
- Full design knowledge, strong technical skills, great application knowledge
- Maintain digital studio standards and conventions
- Manage workflow efficiently and take responsibility for timing and delivery
- Coordination with Departments where needed (Assist with operations functions where required i.e. Logistics and driver, etc.)
- Market related package, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Package includes company contribution to Provident Fund
- 13th cheque in December
Please send a concise Cover Letter and detailed CV (in English) as well as your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly include your current/last remuneration package and specify your availability to commence employment.
Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks of submitting your application, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.