Position: French Speaking IT Helpdesk Technician
The company provides Customer Services, Accounting, Administration, IT and Marketing Services to international removal companies. Since 2006, the Company has kept on consolidating its client’s bases, and has extended its network and services to employ a staff of nearly 300 employees.
The Company is growing further in 2015 and needs to recruit new and motivated candidates.
Provide support to staff on all company supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems and determine source, and advise on appropriate action. Log all issues and actions taken on company help desk ticket system.
- Respond to queries in person and via telephone, email or Skype from French and English customers.
- Log queries on company help desk ticket system.
- Determine source of problem.
- Resolve problem in person, via remote methods or by advising staff on appropriate actions in a timely manner.
- Escalation of issues to the appropriate channel.
- Document resolutions for future reference.
- Seek appropriate approval for creation of user, email and intranet accounts.
- Implement company computer policy to ensure data security.
- Ensure timely notification of branch unavailability to user base.
- Daily checks that server backups have been completed.
- Updating of computer inventory and user database.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by users whilst supporting them.
- Be available, on a rotational basis, to provide assistance out of hours to branches operating on different time zones.
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager.
- Perform hardware and software installations.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Take ownership of assigned problems and resolve or escalate appropriately, in a timely manner. Ownership is from allocation to closure.
- Manage allocated tickets to ensure regular updates are gathered, logged and the user involved informed.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CANDIDATE MUST BE FRENCH SPEAKING
Salary: Salary package is commensurate with experience and academic strengths.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.