PROCUREMENT OFFICER (Industrial Products)
To source and procure industrial/technical products for a company that provides procurement solutions for the oil and gas and mining industry in Africa.
In particular, the scope of products sourced will include, but is not limited to:
- Steel / Metallurgic Products
- Lubricants & Chemicals
- Machinery & Tools
- Building Materials
- Plant & Vehicles
- Various services, etc.
- Receive and analyse enquiries received from clients (specification matching), noting that most of our clients are based outside of South Africa (Angola, DRC, Mozambique, Tanzania and other African countries)
- Source suppliers and products (locally and internationally) via our database, market research and Internet
- Collecting all the necessary information to be able to quote the client, utilizing mark up and foreign exchange conversion and utilizing our in-house software package
- After the quotation has been sent, follow up with the client etc.
- When client orders, place the order with supplier(s)
- Liaison with Logistics department regarding transportation of goods
- Inspection of products
- Labeling of goods
- Preparing Packing Lists
- Be present at loading of the goods
- Finalise invoices
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree
- French and/or Portuguese is beneficial (verbal and written communication skills).
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Computer skills – MS Office (in particular Excel), Internet
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in local and international sourcing for industrial/technical products
- Preferably 2 years’ experience in import and export (preferably to Angola, DRC and other African countries) using Cross Trade, Air Freight, Sea Freight, Road Freight, Project Freight, and courier express shipments
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple critical projects simultaneously
- Organised and highly meticulous. Attention to detail and accuracy are paramount
- Able to work independently and “think out of the box”
- Flexible but also firm enough to be able negotiate with suppliers
- Excellent numerical ability with data analysis skills. Strong skills in Excel required
- Driver’s license, with own roadworthy vehicle
Market related package, commensurate with qualifications and experience
Package includes company contribution to Provident Fund.
Guaranteed 13th cheque in December.
Please send a Cover Letter and detailed CV (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com. Kindly include your current/last remuneration package and specify your availability to commence employment.
Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks of submitting your application,
kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.