When it comes to ensuring you retain customers, there are some golden rules that can make all the difference to the success of your company. At VETTA Communication we offer customer service training your team can immediately apply to their jobs and create a positive impact on creating customer loyalty and attracting new customers.
- Make Quality Service a Priority. Everyone in your company, I mean everyone, from the top down needs to create a positive experience for your customers. Always go beyond customer expectations by going out of your way to make customers feel heard and understood.
- Know your products and services. When your employees show they know and understand of what it is your offer, they will inspire trust and confidence in your customers. It’s a good idea to be proactive and anticipate the types of questions customers may ask. This means your employees are properly trained and kept up-to-date on any new services or products you offer.
- Understand your customers. If you really want to understand your customers then put yourself in their shoes. Most importantly elicit feedback from customers and take every criticism as an opportunity to grow and fulfil your customers’ expectations as far as possible.
- Above all else be courteous. I am pretty sure you’ve had a negative encounter with a difficult customer. Instead of becoming a doormat for them to abuse you, rather maintain your dignity at all costs and be courteous. At VETTA Communication we emphasise the importance of honing in on your listening skills and handling conflict in a way that offers a win-win situation for all.
- Never argue with a customer. You know the customer isn’t always right. Instead of focusing on what is going wrong in a particular situation, concentrate your efforts in fixing the problem. Most customers will do business with you once more if you resolve a complaint in their favour.
- Don’t leave customers waiting. Handle repairs, call-backs and emails with a sense of urgency. This shows you are doing your best to resolve a customer’s problem and this is a winning formula for retaining them as a future customer. Better yet, if a customer’s problem can be resolved on the spot, they are more likely to do business with your company.
- Deliver on your promises. Fail to do this and you will lose credibility and most likely a customer. If you guarantee a quote within 24 hours, ensure the quote is out in a day or less. If you can’t deliver on a promise, inform the customer and offer a reasonable explanation.
- Focus on making customers, not sales. Salespeople, especially those that get paid a commission, sometimes focus on volume instead of the quality of a sale. Remember that keeping a customer’s business trumps making a sale.
With over 19 years in the training industry VETTA Communication will help your team harness and perfect their customer service skills. With the end of the year upon us, book a training today and watch your festive season sales soar.