We are seeking a highly skilled hybrid talent, for the role of Social Media & Marketing Content Collaborator.
Location: Cape Town
Industry: Event & Tourism Agency
Languages: English and more (e.g. French)
We are looking for a qualified Content manager to join our team.
You will be responsible of
- creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals.
- researching, strategizing and producing content that fuels our entire communication & marketing program, in line with our different brands.
- managing and growing our brand’s social media presence.
- developing the agency’s communication (internal and external) by establishing a methodology to collect, store, transform, process and produce a pertinent and fresh information.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with proven creative writing skills. As a Content manager, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
Duties of a Content Manager:
- Oversee all content creation activities for all communication aspects of the company.
- Establish a marketing content calendar to ensure regular publications.
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets.
- Create on-site editorial content and promote it on social media, newsletters, blogs and beyond.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop website content, style and layout.
- Create and repurpose content for different mediums including social media and video.
- Create and update web content, from web pages to blog articles.
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts.
- Ensure brand consistency.
- Use web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to analyze website traffic and user’s engagement metrics.
- Ensure content compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection).
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention.
- Manage customers’ feedback and very actively engage with our audience.
- Manage paid social media advertising campaigns.
Key features of the successful applicant:
- Significant and proven experience in marketing content, and social medias management in multiple languages.
- Concise and effective writing skills in order to bring our products’ stories to life.
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas and concepts for new content.
- True Social Media savvy; you use daily, for work and in personal life: YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Podcasts, Blogs and you understand the nuances of each platform.
- Writing and speaking additional global languages at native level (e.g. French).
- Experience in directly overseeing content publications on key and emerging social media platforms for a brand.
- Understanding, or experience dealing with Influencers: Finding, influencers / bloggers / sites with whom to establish a collaboration.
- Hands on experience with MS Office.
- Some technical knowledge in web languages (e.g. HTML, CSS), CMS (e.g. WordPress) and photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Excellent English written skills
- Good organizational, time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Degree or Diploma Journalism, Media and Communications, PR/Marketing or Corporate communications
Last updated by Adrien Maire Jan 11, 2018.