Buyer-Operations Controller Food Supplies Dpt.
Within the Food Supplies team, taking care of operations process after the receipt of orders from clients. Once an order is confirmed the operations controller will place orders and follow the process through to delivery and inspection of goods.
- Receive and analyse enquiries received from clients (specification matching)
- Sourcing of suppliers & products (locally and internationally) via our database, market research, Internet…
- Get all the necessary information to be able to quote the client utilizing mark up and foreign exchange conversion utilizing our in-house software package
- After the quotation has been sent, follow up with the client etc.
After an order has been received from the client:
- Place and administer orders with suppliers
- Add hoc sourcing and procurement
- Constant liaison with suppliers to ensure smooth delivery process
- Liaison with Logistics dept regarding containers, vessels and presence of Inspector at loading etc
- Inspections of products (compliance, quality, packaging, etc,.) when they have been delivered,
- Labeling of goods
- Establish Packing List
- Be present at loading of the goods
- Finalise invoice and packing list to be given to logistics department
- Any other duty that is reasonable and relevant to this position
- The Operations Controller (Food Supplies) reports to the line Manager
- No Supervisory responsibility
- Internal: Department Manager, staff in own department, Logistics department, Finance department, African Subsidiaries
- External: International Clients (in African countries), local and international Suppliers
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working in a trading and/or export environment
- Preferably knowledge of food industry in SA and/or internationally
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years’ experience in export of food supplies (including fresh and frozen produce), catering consumables and catering equipment
- Computer skills: MS Office (and specifically Excel), Internet
- Fully aware of the importance of service excellence and precision (attention to detail)
- Able to work independently and under enormous pressure
- Flexible but also firm enough to be able to negotiate with suppliers
- Reliable & Ethical
- French and /or Portuguese speaking a plus
- Driver’s license & Own roadworthy vehicle
- Market related package, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Package includes contribution to Provident Fund
- 13th cheque in December
Please send a concise Cover Letter and detailed CV (in English) to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly include your current/last remuneration package and specify your availability to commence employment.
Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks of submitting your application, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.